1. Upgrade kernel to version: 2.6.17-1.2139_FC5 by yum.
2. Install bcm43xx-fwcutter by yum.
3. To use the bcm43xx driver which is part of the Fedora kernel, you need to extract the firmware which is part of the official MacOS, Windows, or Linux drivers.
4. Reboot ibook and boot it from Mac OSX.
5. Copy /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirPort2.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleAirPort2
6. Back to FC5
7. bcm43xx-fwcutter -w /lib/firmware AppleAirPort2
8. Because the bcm43xx driver is new and experimental, it is not configured to be automatically loaded in the Fedora Core 5 kernel. In order to ensure that the driver is loaded, you may need to copy the 'modprobe.bcm43xx' file into the /etc/modprobe.d directory.
9. Reboot ibook.